ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR WORK/STUDY
Elite Ballroom, located in Morrisville, NC, is devoted to bringing superior quality dance instruction in the ballroom and Latin styles to the Research Triangle area. The studio offers a broad array of classes for those pursuing dance, whether for pure enjoyment or for professional training. Owned by highly accomplished former professional Latin competitors, Robertas Maleckis and Inga Sirkaite, Elite Ballroom’s mission is to share the love of partner dancing while equipping students with the necessary tools to grow into the best dancers they can be. The studio holds 2 annual showcases, hosts a monthly social dance, participates in national pro-am competitions, and coaches the competitive ballroom teams for local universities.
Elite Ballroom is seeking applicants, 16 years of age or older, interested in gaining Dance Studio Administration experience. Work/Study participants spend approximately 16 weeks working at the Front Desk a minimum of 6 hours per week (typically mid-week evenings) in exchange for free drop-in classes, access to teacher training sessions, and invaluable administration training with Elite Ballroom staff.
Beginning/End dates generally occur on a trimester period – Fall, Spring, and Summer.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Welcome and orient students and visitors
- Help students sign-in for class, upholding EB’s high standard of customer service
- Assist with daily operations and facility needs
- Communicate information on classes and services to visitors
- Process student payments
- Enter new student information into scheduling and marketing software
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- General computer and internet proficiency
- Ability to act responsibly, reliably, and efficiently within an office environment
- Presents oneself in a mature, polished, polite, and friendly manner
- FREE drop-in classes at Elite Ballroom (classes taught by EB instructors)
- Discounted series classes
- Option to participate in teacher training sessions
Please email letter of interest to email@example.com summarizing your relevant qualifications and sharing what dance means to you.